The Global Financing Facility (GFF) is proud to participate in the Women Deliver 2019 Conference. Taking place June 3-6 in Vancouver, Canada, Women Deliver is the world’s largest conference on gender equality and the health, rights, and wellbeing of girls and women. The GFF is co-hosting two concurrent sessions and a conference booth to spark discussions on catalytic, high-impact investments in the health, nutrition and wellbeing of the most vulnerable women, children and adolescents.
Here are a few ways you can engage with the GFF during the conference:
Investing in Impact! Sustainable Financing for Women, Adolescents and Girls
Co-hosted by the GFF, GAVI, the Vaccine Alliance, and the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, TB and Malaria
June 5, 10:30 am-12:00 pm (PDT) | Convention Center, Room 217-219
Much progress has been made over the past decades to ensure that more women, adolescents and girls survive and thrive, but millions of them continue to be left behind. New approaches, as well as significant additional financing, are necessary to reach those most at risk. Drawing on the experience of a range of partners including implementing country representatives, civil society, youth, health financing experts and leaders in the fight for gender equality, this fast-paced, interactive session will explore the successes and challenges of sustainable financing methods to tackle gender inequalities that contribute to poor health outcomes for women and girls. The session will draw on examples and lessons from countries and will feature perspectives from young people on the urgency of promoting gender equality and the health needs of women, adolescents and girls.
Investing in Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights: Generate Support, Drive Implementation
Co-hosted by the GFF, International Planned Parenthood Federation, and the Government of Norway
June 5, 10:30 am-12:00 pm (PDT) | Convention Center, Room 205-207
Without investments in sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR), gender equality will not be achieved, and women and girls will not be able to achieve their full potential. But what does it take to secure and sustain financing for SRHR in the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) era? This session will explore lessons from countries that have ensured integration of sexual and reproductive health care in their Universal Health Coverage schemes and what it takes to secure domestic government investment in SRHR.
Stop by the GFF booth (#547-550) to explore photos and stories from GFF countries and tell us what you think is the most important investment a country can make in the health and nutrition of women and girls.
The GFF booth will feature:
- A photo exhibit with stories from GFF-supported countries
- An interactive poll that allows in-person and online participants to tell us what you think is the most important investment countries can make in the health and nutrition of women, children and adolescents. If you can’t make it to the conference in person, look for our Twitter poll online to let us know what you think, and we’ll add your answer to our interactive map.
- Materials to learn more about progress in GFF countries
Visit the GFF civil society coordinating group booth where you will meet with civil society from a range of countries and hear how they are engaging in the GFF. The booth will be an interactive space for discussion and information sharing. Come ask questions and share your experiences. The booth will also feature a variety of resources for civil society engaging in the GFF.
SOCIAL MEDIA MESSAGES
- What does it take to secure and sustain financing for #SRHR in the #SDGs era? Join @theGFF @ippf & @noradno at #WD2019 to discuss "Investing in Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights: Generate Support, Drive Implementation": http://ow.ly/PYH050ubOo1 #InvestinHealth
- Join @gavi @GlobalFund @theGFF & other partners to discuss building cross-sectoral partnerships and new innovative financing models to address the needs of women, adolescents and girls: http://ow.ly/ubDR50uk0rY #WD2019 #InvestinHealth
- Stories from GFF-supported countries and more. Visit @theGFF booth at #WD2019 to see the full exhibit and participate in an interactive Q&A! Here’s a sneak peek of photo slideshow => http://ow.ly/hDTG50umXzw #InvestInHealth
- Are you at #WD2019? Don’t forget to stop by @theGFF booth (547-550) to say hi, see our country exhibit and participate in an interactive Q&A! Photo Slideshow http://ow.ly/hDTG50umXzw #InvestInHealth
For more details on our speaker line-up and the Women Deliver program, please visit wd2019.org/schedule.
Join the online conversation through your social media channels! Follow @theGFF and #InvestInHealth. Official conference hashtags are #WD2019 and #ThePowerOf. We look forward to seeing you at Women Deliver!
We look forward to seeing you at Women Deliver!