Global Financing Facility: Investing In People
The World Bank and Global Financing Facility (GFF) co-hosted a special event featuring youth, global development leaders, and representatives from GFF countries for a discussion on how investments in the health and nutrition of women, children and adolescents can save lives today and build human capital for the future.
World Bank CEO Kristalina Georgieva kicked off the event by highlighting the urgency of investing in the health and nutrition of women and children, and how the GFF works to save lives. Norway’s Minister of International Development, Nikolai Astrup, made the case for further investment in the GFF.
Taking place on the International Day of the Girl, the event included a conversation between Melinda Gates, co-chair of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and Nur Wulan Nugrahani, a peer educator and youth advocate in Indonesia, highlighting the importance of sexual and reproductive health and rights in empowering young people.
- Nikolai Astrup, Minister of International Development, Norway
- Joanne Carter, Executive Director, RESULTS
- Annette Dixon, Vice President for Human Development, World Bank Group
- Henrietta Fore, Executive Director, UNICEF
- Melinda Gates, Co-Chair, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Kristalina Georgieva, CEO, World Bank
- William Francis Morneau, Minister of Finance, Canada
- Kevin Watkins, Chief Executive, Save the Children